In this beautiful course we study the different aspects of Love from a Mindful perspective. This 4-Week Course will focus on the practice of Mindful Heart Training and Loving-Kindness.
We will study/learn how to embrace and embody the essence of love and bring it forth to nurture ourselves, our relationships, and our world. By recognizing a love for all things; nature, feelings, people, our mind and our bodies, we open ourselves up to a love that rises beyond the superficial and touches our core.
In this session we will learn the practice of Loving Kindness, Metta Meditation, as well as many other mindful tools that will connect us more deeply to walk in love. When we embody the spirit of love, it Liberates us.
As Maya Angelou says "Love Liberates, it does not bind, it sets you free".
Mindfully, we focus on creating a stillness where we can reflect and put things in perspective, it is here we discover what is truly important and loving in our lives. We will reflect on the teachings of some AMAZING souls:
- Maya Angelo: Her beautiful poetry and reflections will teach us how Love Liberates
- Thich Nhat Hahn: Teaches that love has no beginning and no end, it is ALWAYS present. In this section we learn the four foundations of Love from a Buddhist perspective. Loving-Kindness, Joy, Compassion, and Equanimity. As well as see how to practice releasing the ego as it connects to Love
- Dalai Lama: Teaches how teaching and education should focus on not just the material but on the heart. We must learn that humanity is one big family. We are all brothers and sisters: physically, mentally and emotionally. But we are still focusing far too much on our differences instead of our commonalities. After all, every one of us is born the same way and dies the same way.
- Bruce Lipton: Brings a bit of the science of Love in his teachings and we will learn the difference in how our body responds to love and kindness, as opposed to fear.
- Sharon Salzberg: A great teacher in the practice of Loving-Kindness. We will study some of her teachings on Metta-Meditation and how it can change our perspective.
- Louise Haye: We will tap into the wisdom of Louise Haye on self-love. When people start to love themselves more each day, it’s amazing how their lives get better. They feel better. They get the jobs they want. They have the money they need. Their relationships either improve, or the negative ones dissolve and new ones begin.
- Coach Bill Sullivan: Bill will bring it all together and teach us the true difference between being loving and being love, through multiple lectures and meditations.
This is a transformational course that will focuses on taking us to a place where love is not something we need or give, love is something that we ARE. On this journey we will be Embodying the spirit of love...walking in love...BEING LOVE.
The course includes several meditations which are yours to practice with FOREVER.
The Course is self-driven and is laid out in a way that should be taken slowly. Each "Section" should be studied and then spend the time in meditation, reflecting on the lessons and forming your own thoughts around the teachings. You could easily breeze through the material presented here, but in our practice at Meditate: School of Mindfulness we use a practice called, "The Mindful Rain". We take our lessons in and then allow ourselves time to let those teachings sink in. Like a light rain that settles into the soil slowly so that nothing gets washed away. That slow rain nurtures the seeds of intention and allows us to move forward from the teachings with our own perspective.
Welcome to this Journey of Being Love!
I am so excited to have you join me in this course.
As the Founder/Director of Meditate: School of Mindfulness one of my goals has always been to share the practice of Mindfulness and Meditation with as many people as possible. Through my years of working in private practice with clients dealing with addiction, PTSD, relationship issues, stress, anxiety and so much more, I found that one of the most amazing tools for everyone to use is meditation.
Our school is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and now includes a team of over a dozen instructors as well as other support staff. We are proud of the programs we have developed and are excited now to be able to offer them to a wider audience. All of the courses and workshops that are designed and presented here were developed through the school and are presented here in a way that is easily accessible and allows you to progress at your own pace.
I invite you to take the journey of Mindfulness with me. Even though I have been practicing and teaching Meditation and Mindfulness for years, I can honestly say I am still, and think I always will be, student of the practice. There are so many different approaches, and teachings and I don't believe one is better than the other. I have been working with 1,000's of students sharing this amazing practice over the years and I invite you to join me on this journey of Mindfulness
What I teach is that we should expose ourselves to as many different viewpoints and teachers as possible, then take what we connect with to develop OUR OWN practice. We are unique individuals with our own skills, gifts, memories and paths.
Mindfulness is a Practice, but so is everything else in our lives. Our minds are always practicing, we are either paying attention to what we are practicing or allowing our minds to practice on their own.
What we practice grows stronger.
So, what are you practicing today? Impatience. worry, doubt, fear; or calm, presence, patience, kindness, and love?
Ready to transform your life? I'm here, as a teacher, mentor and student of mindfulness to guide you on this journey.
Join me on the Journey of Mindfulness